Let's catch up!!
Past
December 5th-9th :: I was inside for 5 days due to the epic ice storm that Jonesboro had. It was the worst ice storm I have seen in my lifetime. No one could drive anywhere unless you were skilled. Walking was even a challenge for me. (laugh all you want) ;). One of my cousins was super nice and came to pick me up from my dorm and take me to their house. I stayed there for a day or so. There is this super funny video about snow and ice. You can find it here! GOTTA GET THE BREAD AND MILK! haha funny but true.
December 7th :: I was supposed to run the St. Jude half marathon but it got cancelled. Sadly, I wasn't going to be able to make the drive anyway. St. Jude handle this so perfectly. I applaud them for that. Since the race got cancelled we got to transfer our registration to another race. I transferred mine to the Rock 'n' Roll New Orleans Half Marathon, which happens to be the day before my 21st birthday. I am super excited and have been training so hard this. If you want more information about the Rock 'n' Roll series you can visit their website here!
December 25th :: I spent an awesome Christmas at my grandparents house in Wynne, Arkansas. My mom, dad, sister, aunt, and uncle were all there, along with my grandparents. It was great to see everyone and enjoy some laughs.
December 28th-29th :: My family went to Jackson, Mississippi to visit my MeMaw and brother. It had been a while since I had seen both of them so it was exciting to see them and catch up.
January 1st :: WOO HOO! NEW YEAR! hahah no. I was so sick on New Year's day and for 9 days after that. Bronchitis is no joke y'all. I had a fever, horrible cough, and body aches. Surprisingly, I did not have the flu (Thank you Jesus for that). But now I am good as new and back to my training.
Future
January 21st :: School starts!
January 31st :: NOLA bound!
February 2nd :: Rock 'n' Roll New Orleans Half Marathon!
February 3rd :: 21st birthday!
FEEDBACK :: What do you want me to blog about? Let me know by leaving a comment!
Thanks for reading!
Kristen Leigh Buynar
No comments:
Post a Comment